5 Essential Mold Prevention Tips
Use These Essential Tips
Mold is one of the most feared infestations for homeowners. Where there's moisture, water damage and organic matter to snack on, mold will inevitably appear. That doesn't mean that you make the necessary precautions to keep this home invader out, however. Use these essential tips to help keep your home clean.
1. Control your home's humidity: Humid conditions can create an excess of moisture that attracts mold. If you notice condensation forming on your windows and walls, then your home's humidity is definitely too high.
2. Keep your home properly ventilated: Routine household activities, such as cooking and showering, can generate moisture. It's important to properly ventilate this moisture, not only to prevent mold growth, but to also avoid unwanted water damage.
3. Opt for mold-resistant products: Believe it or not, there is such thing as mold-resistant drywall and paint inhibitors. Installing these products can help you avoid a costly mold remediation session further down the road.
4. Protect your household plants: You might think your plants are there to help keep your air clean, but they aren't completely safe from mold. Overwatering your plants can result in a buildup of excessive moisture, which is an inviting place for a wayward fungus to settle down.
5. Manage your gutters: Neglecting to clean out your gutters regularly can cause water to build up and potentially leak through your roof. Prevent this issue by taking the time to routinely scoop out gunk and repair any damage as soon as you discover it.
Mold prevention is manageable when you take the time to set the proper precautions. Even so, you might still fall victim to a mold infestation. If you've experienced any type of recent water damage, it's a good idea to contact mold remediation experts to perform a thorough mold inspection. You can never be too careful when it comes to keeping your property clean.