Space Heater Safety Tips
As night-time temperatures dip this time of year, the usage of space heaters can go up. Although helpful machines, they can pose a threat to your safety if not properly used.
Space heaters cause 25,000 home fires a year, and 6,000 emergency room visits, according to the Harvard University Environmental Health and Safety group.
Here are a few tips for using space heaters that will reduce the risk of fire in your home.
-Before purchasing a space heater, check out the specifications and make sure that it's UL approved.
-Check for safety features such as an automatic shut off when the unit is tipped over and heat element guards.
-Read the owner's manual and be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions on proper usage.
-Keep other objects at least 3ft. away from the heater.
-Never leave space heaters unattended.
-Be sure to turn off your space heater before going to bed.
-Leaving a space heater unattended is never advisable.
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. SERVPRO of Muskogee/McIntosh Counties & Tahlequah has the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Muskogee/McIntosh Counties & Tahlequah (918) 913-4490