If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (918) 913-4490

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Where Mold Lives

11/19/2018 (Permalink)

Porous wooden floor not coated affected by mold.

Any porous material such as carpets/padding, ceiling tiles, insulation, wallboards, upholstered furniture and bedding that contain more than a small area of mold should usually be removed from any contaminated area and discarded.

Mold can grow on or fill in the empty spaces and crevices of porous materials, so the mold may be difficult or impossible to remove completely. Avoid exposing yourself or others to mold and hire a professional mold remediation service.

If you have any questions or want a free consultation please feel free to call SERVPRO Muskogee/McIntosh Counties  at 918-913-4490.

Do not paint or caulk moldy surfaces. Molded areas must be cleaned an dried effectively to mitigate its return to the affected area.

Sometimes dehumidifiers and air scrubbers as well as containments are necessary to clean an area without affecting other areas. 

Other News

View Recent Posts