It's What You Don't See
Look for telltale signs of water damage.
Here are some quick tips:
- Check behind and under appliances for mold, mildew and discoloration.
- Look for — and smell for – mold and mildew throughout the residence.
- Keep an eye out for a discoloration line inside and outside the building, which might have been caused by the building being flooded.
- Look for signs that building materials like Sheetrock and siding have been replaced only up to a certain height to which floodwater may have risen.
- Look for any seams within four feet from the floor in your sheetrock or look for holes behind the floorboards of the room.
And just because you can't see it doesn't mean its not there so you must look for other evidences or symptoms of water damage.